Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Monday, July 18, 2016

Training in Vigo

It's officially official. I'm a trainer! And my cute new compie is Hermana Davis (: She is from California and I absolutely LOVE her! She is just what I need. I didn't realize how hard it would be to train or to not have Hermana Schriever with me making appointments and reminding me to do things all the time. But yeah, long story short, it's hard and I got a little carried away with my stress, but Hermana Davis is prepared and always brings me back on my feet, I am so blessed to have her as my companion. She is patient, so loving, so obedient and wants to be involved, she's not making any excuses and helps me to remember our plans.



When President called me as a trainer I was low key hoping I would get a native companion because I still am not 100% confident in my Spanish skills. But the Lord has a plan and he's prepared me. Before picking up my compie (on Wednesday) I was on splits with Hermana Madugno. She's from Italy so the only language we could speak to each other was Spanish... I WENT THREE DAYS ONLY SPEAKING SPANISH!!! I was surprised at how much I actually knew and understood, Hermana Madugno and I are really good friends now and the Lord was able to show me that I can do this. I'm so grateful.

  One thing I was really praying hard for this week was that Hermana Davis would be able to feel welcome and comfortable here in Vigo. Well this week we've met at least one member or investigator every day in the street and there was a relief Society activity, a Young Woman's activity, and a Primary activity all in the same day. She has been able to meet all the leaders we will be working with as sisters and I am so grateful!

  The Relief Society activity was really swell! We had to wake up at 5:30 to catch the 6:00 bus and headed for a park near Samil Beach. The bus route was apparently different that early in the morning so we got a little lost. Long story short, the day before I made a call to the Young Womens President to know where near the beach it was and I kept hearing "Maduñals" I asked her like 2 times to repeat it and felt dumb and couldn't find in on the map or anywhere. So while we were contacting that night, my compie contacted this older man who just went on and on about how he respects us and that we all have the same God but he wasn't interested and on and on and on. So I decided to make the contact useful and asked him where "Maduñals" by the beach was and he pointed to "McDonalds" Well yep we just followed those Golden Arches, got there safe and on time too! It was a miracle and I really need to practice more Spanish haha. I even got to eat Chocolate con Churros for the first time! Yum!

 



 My comp is too cute (: well all in all, this week was miraculous, hard, exciting, hot, and wonderful. We work really well as a companionship and are answers to one another's prayers. The mission only gets better. Like a roller coaster on an elevator or gas prices, there are always ups and downs but in greater perspective you're always going up.
   I'm so grateful to be a missionary! I know that although it would be really nice to have air conditioning or a swimming pool that this is where I'm meant to be, and that this is where I want to be. I know that as we do small and simple things everyday to improve ourselves and our situations that God will bless us and that the hard times will be followed by the good. I hope you all have such a fantastic week! Eat an otter pop for me!
   Besitos and hugs!
   Hermana Warner
P.S. Excuse my glasses and crazy hair, I finally bought contact solution so hopefully I'll look a little more presentable next week ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment