Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Insert my dad saying, "It's Christmas" yep it's November. Yes it's Christmas.

Wow what a week! Well more like week and a half, it feels like forever since I've written. So this week was pretty good! We officially have two progressing investigators! Whoot whoot! My week in a nutshell: Thanksgiving feast with the Zone, Inercambios, miracles with Sadith, New investigator Hernando, we went to the temple today, El Escorial Monastery, all our lights burning out (we still have all our Christmas Lights though so don't worry), finally breaking through (literally they are shredded) those $10 boots I bought last min before I left and I can still breath... kinda... the inversion kills man.

But yeah the most important thing I wanted to write about is our miracle with Sadith! Sadith is incredible and I know I've introduced her before so I'll just get to it. Last weekend we felt prompted to teach her about keeping the commandments we studied and prayed and planned but when we got to the door step to her piso we knew we needed to change the game plan. We prayed again before entering and 100% relied on the spirit. As we started the lesson I felt prompted to follow up on her reading and daily prayers. She told us that she hadn't been reading and that she thought it might be a good idea to just read. So that's what we did. I prayed and prayed in those minuscule moments to try to remember a good chapter about keeping the commandments without the "and he shall be thrust down to hell" part. So yeah, I was at a blank. I asked her where she was at in her study, she said 1 Nephi 3....

My heart just exploded with happiness and I knew that that was exactly what Heavenly Father wanted us to do. The Spirit truly testified to her and to us that we need to be obedient to all of God's commandments and that the Lord truly will provide a way. I invited her to read every day and to attend church. She came!

The next lesson we had with her was even more of a miracle. We knew we wanted to teach her about baptism and covenants. Again we made the lesson plan prayed and studied. When we got there we still felt confident of what to teach. I followed up again about how her Scripture study had been for the week. She told us that she had found time to read the Book of Mormon just by taking it everywhere with her. She said she studied it between classes or on the bus ride home. She then proceeded in sharing two scriptures that impacted her deeply. She explained that they were the answers to her prayers. She told us of her desire to be baptized, we asked the baptismal questions and picked a date. It was incredible. 

I'm so grateful for the commandments of the Lord. No matter how small and simple they may seem they really do make a difference. I know that God answers prayers, that he wants to help us in our lives. I know that that BOM is the word of God and that as we apply it to our lives we will know what the Lord would have us do. I'm so grateful for the opportunity we have to attend church every Sunday to partake of the sacrament and to strengthen each other's testimonies. These things are small but I truly believe that, 

"...by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise.

   And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls." Alma 37:6-7

I'm so grateful to be one of the small and simple, I hope you all have a fantastic 25 days of serving this December.
 #ILLUMINATEtheWORLD  #LIGHTtheWORLD

Yeah do it soon!





That kid Elder Cample kills me with the chicken hahaha you can see me laughing hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment