Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Leaves are falling

Hello November. 
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
I got to go to the temple today! That's why I didn't get to write on Monday. I'm so grateful for the temple! It was so wonderful. I felt so much peace. I'm so grateful for the blessing it is to be in the house of the Lord. 
The other day as we were contacting in a building, we found a middle aged man. As we started to introduce ourselves saying that we are of the church of Jesus Christ, he cut us off and finished the sentence. He explained that his brother was a bishop living in Georgia USA. He continued saying that the majority of his family had been baptized and that he was the only one who wasn't a member. His brother had already made efforts in convincing him into joining the church and that we couldn't convince him either. We told him more about ourselves, our families and that we were here for a year and a half to preach the gospel. He replied that it is important that we remember our family back at home, wished us luck, and waved us on our way. 
We continued knocking the rest of the doors in the building and continued my day. It wasn't until later that I realized the miracle we had been a part of. I am sure the family of this man have offered countless prayers in his behalf. It wouldn't surprise me if they had prayed that some how he could get in contact with the missionaries and understand why the gospel is so important to them. 
I'm trying to better understand how the Lord is the artist and I am the tool. I can be the answer to the prayers of others, I just need to recognize and act on the spirit. I look forward to meeting with this man and other amazing people we have found. 
It's still slow but it's going! We are finding people who are ready. I hope you all had a fantastic Halloween and that this week is wonderful! 
--Hermana Warner 
Oh yeah, we also rode bikes today in Madrid. That was pretty fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment