Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Monday, December 5, 2016

Mmmm smells like churros and chocolate


I love fall! There are leaves everywhere and snow on the tips of the mountains! I couldn't be more happy (: Well happy December!
So about a month ago When I was with Hermana Phillips, we went to Pavones for the Stake Conference to hear Ninez speak, I wrote about it on the 7th of November. To get to Pavones, where the temple is we need to take a Bus to Moncloa and then from Moncloa we take the Metro to the Pavones stop. While we were on the metro I remember looking across to the passengers sitting on the other side. There were a few people but the one who caught my attention was a middle aged man wearing a tan sweater, who instead of looking down at his phone or tablet, looked up and was smiling. We were a few stops away from Pavones when another man, with obvious mental health conditions came into our car. He started yelling and shouting random things that I couldn't understand. He seemed to be really angry and everyone on the train would look up then look away or continue whatever it was they were doing. But the man with the tan sweater didn't. He looked up at the frustrated man, thought for a moment, then motioned for the man to come toward him. The man in the tan sweater calmed the troubled man down and talked to him like a normal person. I was really impressed with this man and felt that we needed to talk with him. Luckily, he was headed for Pavones as well. So as we were going up the escalator I turned around and told him how impressed I was with what he had done. We talked for a few more moments as we reached the top when I felt prompted to give him a Book of Mormon. I told him that it was a book that was very important to me and that i thought he would like it. He accepted gratefully and we parted our ways, Hermana Phillips and I running to get to the church on time.
When we made it to Pavones we met the missionaries serving there and told them of the experience. One of them asked, "Well did you get his number?" And without thinking I said, "No, but don't worry, he will call." We continued the night, went home, and everything continued as normal.
Just a few days ago a man called us, he told his name and that we had given him a book in Pavones. He had been reading the book and wanted the missionaries to visit him. We wrote down his name and address to give the the missionaries in Barcelona.
I don't know all that will happen with this man in the tan sweater. But there is one thing i do know. I know that this is God's work. I know it is true. We live in a world bombarded with lies and scandals, a world full of people looking for the truth. I'm so grateful that i have the opportunity to help bring these people the Lords truth. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon. It is truly the word of God, translated by a modern day prophet. I know that God's true church is on the earth today. 
I'm grateful everyday for my parents and church leaders who have all helped me in my journey to recognize and accept this truth. I'm grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and for this wonderful season to celebrate him. He lives. He is at the head of His church. "As to my strength, I am weak... [but] in his strength I can do all things"
I hope you all have an amazing week and an even more fantastic holiday!
Hermana Warner
Hermana Koeber and I with our member friend Ana




I found a dead cat. 


A cuter picture when I made a cake with our member friend Sadith (:

No comments:

Post a Comment