Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Monday, January 9, 2017

Día de los Reyes Magos y Segovia!

January 9, 2017
First things first... HUGE shout out to my greatest childhood chum Brooklyn who got her mission call to MALAGA SPAIN!!!! PUMPED! I absolutely love Spain and I'm too  excited to share that love with her. Pumped. Just be warned, in the summer, Malaga is HOT. You got this.
So yeah! With the anticipated email of my sister, this week has been really good! Here in Spain we have a holiday where we celebrate the kings that came to bring gifts to Jesus. It was super fun! We even bought ourselves a traditional dessert they eat called Roscón. It's basically sweet bread shaped into a gigantic doughnut cut in half with whipped cream in side (like a sandwich) and dried sugary fruit on top. It's full of sugar and goodness and I love it. Haha but it was really big so we gave most of it to the Elders. Not to mention the abundance of Roscón the members fed us following the holiday. Yeah, I'll bee good for the year.
With our less active friends, we've been sharing a lot about goals. My favorite part of the new year is reflecting on pass goals and making new ones. There's a quote i like from Elder Ballard that i love, he said, 
"I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don't set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. when one learns o master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in this life."
Anybody who knows me, knows I'm super passionate about living dreams and achieving goals. I hope all of you take advantage of this time to evaluate where you are, temporally and spiritually and strive to make the changes necessary to reach your full potential. It comes with a lot of work and a lot of sacrifice but I can promise that when we do what the Lord wants us to do, our lives will be greater than we could have ever imagined. I'm grateful everyday for the blessing I have to already have the gospel and to have had incredible parents to teach me to obey the Lord (even when I am a sassy pants and don't listen). The blessings I have received for being obedient are incredible, and I know even more blessings can come as I continue to try to become more obedient.
Well I hope you all have had an awesome last week and that this week is even better! Prayers for all of you that are in school again! Whoot whoot! You can do it! Yeah!
Anyway, lots of besos and handshakes! (Hey Pop, you get a hug!)
Hermana Warner


Since it was still holiday season it was hard to meet with people so we did a lot of door knocking. And when we went the sunset was so beautiful so we took pictures! Enjoy (:




Today we all decided to meet up as a district in Segovia. It's so beautiful and very spanish looking. It's famous for it's cathedral, castle and aqueduct. 



ROSCÓN!!!! So good. So sweet. Oh yeah! Also they have two things in it. If you get the slice with the bean you have to pay for the Roscón, if you get the slice with the toy then yeah, you get a toy! It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment