Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 6, 2017

Carabanchel

February 6, 2017

Hola mis queridos! Well what a week. This week was kinda different because we had temple day on Wednesday. I LOVE THE TEMPLE!!! Then on Friday we had our district meeting. We met with our cute friend Martina and our other friend Emma.

I love Emma with all my heart! I'm going to miss her. ... Oh yeah!

I got TRANSFERED! I am now in the beloved Barrio 9 (Carabanchel) in the south west part of Madrid. I've been praying a lot this past week because I've been having feelings that I'd be leaving. I feel very at peace. I know that this is where the Lord needs me to be and I am excited to help his work progress. I am companions with my new friend Hermana Snyder! She is too cute and I know we are just going to kill it this transfer. We are praying for lots of conversions. She is also a blonde from Utah and we will be serving together as Sister Training Leaders, so we are in charge of the sister missionary exchanges in our zone. It's both of our first time being STLs so we'll see how it goes. I'm not too worried, she knows what she's doing ;)

So yeah, hasta luego my beloved Villalba. Sunday was incredible. It was fast Sunday so everyone in the congregation bore their testimonies. The spirit was so strong. One young man that went up had also been inviting his girlfriend to the church. This was the second time she had come but he went up and bore powerful testimony. Later, other young adults went up and bore their testimonies as well. At the end of the meeting this young mans friend, Marta, came up to us with him and asked us to start teaching her. It was such an incredible experience and although I won't be there to teach her I am so grateful for the example of this young man, for his faith and testimony. 

That's how missionary work should be. It's not a rote thing we missionaries go out and share with random strangers. It should be an invitation of love to help those around us find the path that leads to true happiness. Let us be bold and loving when we share our beliefs with others. I pray that each of you will be able to find opportunities to share your testimony with those around you and that I may have sincere love for each person I meet so that I may be a more effective support for those I teach.

I hope you all have a fantastic week! All my love!
Hermana Warner





(Emma)

No comments:

Post a Comment