Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

SHES BACK FROM THE DEAD!

SHES BACK FROM THE DEAD! Sorry again for how awful my last few emails have been. Yes I'm alive, and yes I'm okay, thank you all for the concern (; so I guess I could update you on what's going on here in Villalba.

Every Monday we meet with our cute friend Dayana, she's the only member in her family but she is super strong. I have a ton of respect for her. All you out there who complain to go to church activities or to church because of travel, I don't want to hear it, she lives like a 20 min bus ride away from the church and the bus passes every hour. The motivation she has inspires me, I want to be more like her. She wants to serve a mission too so we've been helping her know how to start being a member missionary now and giving her tips for the future. 

Tuesdays are usually pretty slow. but in the mornings we usually meet with our cute friend Martina. She is from Peru but is visiting her daughter here in Villalba for as long as the government will let her. Here testimony is incredible, she's older but she doesn't let that stop her from looking to God and looking for the truth. Her first language is Quechua so its hard for her to read Spanish but she is doing really well and when she feels ready she will enter into the waters of baptism. That's her greatest desire.

Tuesday nights we used to meet with our friend Hernando but he is out traveling right now and wont get back for a few months. I pray that when he comes back he will take the lessons again with the missionaries here. We now have a new friend that we found from Honduras. She is a MIA member but we found her and we are going to bring her back! We taught her for the first time yesterday and we can see a to of potential in her.

Wednesdays we have District meetings in the morning, English Class at night and lessons in between. Last week we had the Missionary Broadcast, announcing all the changes happening in the mission field, so last week not a ton happened on Wednesday. 

On Thursdays we have weekly planning. Last week we met with our new friend Maria. It takes about 2 hours to get to her house when we leave with the bus so that is a little difficult. But she and her children came to church on Sunday! We have only met with her but we'd like to teach them as a family as a whole, we don't know the next time well be able to meet with them because of their schedules but the family is so cute and I'm excited to witness their progression. (:

Fridays are my favorite days (: In the mornings we've started meeting with our new friend Ramón and his wife Maria. The story of how we found them is actually pretty good. I don't know if I've already said it so I'll say it again!

So on a Tuesday I believe we were waiting at the bus stop to go visit Martina. Her son-in-law just happens to be standing nearby waiting for the same bus. We go over and start talking to him and he told us of how he had lost his phone on the way home from work. I decided to tell him about an experience about when my dad lost his phone. (This is how I remember it dad, I was pretty little so excuse me if its a little hazy) It was when flip phones were generally new and my dad "lost" it. I remember that around the same time, my aunt lost her wedding ring, so as a family we decided to have a special prayer that we could find these two very important things. I don't remember how long it took but I remember we looked and we looked for the lost phone. Until I remembered the small tables leaning against the computer closet. There was a small gap in there that I could reach my little arm in. I remembered seeing my dad's phone left at the computer desk and thought it would be funny to tease him by hiding it in the little gap between the tables and the closet. So when I reached my little arm in the slot to my excitement, I FOUND THE PHONE! And it was an answer to our prayer.

There was a cute elderly couple standing nearby the bus stop that heard my story and gave a little chuckle as well. We included them in the conversation and they agreed to let us meet with them. The first lesson we had with them was incredible. It's amazing to see how God has prepared them to receive his Gospel.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve here in Villalba, I know it's where the Lord wants me to be for now. I'm so grateful for my Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Chris. I can do nothing without him, this is truly the Lords work. I'm so grateful for the Temple and for the blessing that it is to have so many all over the world.
I hope you all have a great week! 
Loves and awkward Besos!
Hermana Warner


No comments:

Post a Comment