Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 20, 2017

We went bowling today!

I LOVE CARABANCHEL! So I'm serving in the ninth ward (Barrio 9) and I love it!! It's a bit different than Villalba but it's really great. (: Villalba was super tranquilo and my area consisted of mostly pueblos. This area I'm in now is all city. We use the metro almost everyday. (Metro=subway) because our area is pretty big and dense. 
So yeah, I love it here! I mentioned it last time I'm sure but my new comp is Hermana Snyder, she is from Syracuse Utah and I love her more than cafe rio burritos! (Which is a lot) She is and incredible missionary and I'm so grateful to be serving with her. I've already learned so much. She is really good at making everything count and at following the spirit. She never ever just "teaches a lesson" she always teaches the people, in contacting, teaching and every situation. She is the most sincere missionary I've ever met and I strive to be more like her. 

We have some really great people we are teaching and this week we've found even more. I'm sure I've said it before, but we have a standard in the mission to contact 25 people everyday. It's been difficult at times but it's really paying off. We've been able to find many people who are really ready. Seriously though, the other day we were taking the bus to a members house and decided to contact the lady in front of us, we got talking to her about how we teach English class and gave her a card. Apparently Anthony man was listening to our conversation and asked us for the information as well. Just under an hour ago, he called and asked if we could teach him english and also that he had interest in learning more about the gospel. Solid. Miracle.

We are meeting with a woman named Mari Luz. I love her so much! It's actually a really cool story how Hermana Snyder found her on the Metro but seriously just talk to everyone, people are ready. She has a baptismal date set up for next month (: she is progressing really well but has to work on sundays. We are praying for her and hope she will be able to find a new job so she can come to church more often.

This week we also taught an incredible lady named Elvira. She was interested in English class but got lost. By the time we found her the clasess were over but we told her we'd teach her anyway. She just started talking and asking questions and we hardly even had any time to teach her english. We will be meeting her and her two sons later this week! We are too excited!

This is truly the Lords work, he knows who's ready and he knows what they need. I know that this church is true with all my heart. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that i have to share this truth with others. 
This week Elder Soares from the Seventy is coming! We will have zone conference tomorrow and then we as leaders will be meeting with him again on Friday. I'm excited to see how the Lord wants us to hasten his work here in Madrid Spain. I love it here! I love the work!! 

I hope you all have a FANTASTIC week! Count our blessings, I promise you, you have more than you think. 

Hugs and besos!!! đź’‹ 
Hermana Warner 

Here's a pic of us bowling with my favorite Recent Convert Alexandra!
 (The Elders Baptized her a few weeks ago)
 Elder Knapus, Hermana Snyder, Elder Miller, Alexandra, me



No comments:

Post a Comment