Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Monday, March 27, 2017

Pumped for conference

Hello to all my friends!

So we have a standard in the mission to have 25 contacts (have meaningful conversations with people) everyday for each missionary. When I was in Villalba it was great and came pretty easy I'd just go up so some random person tell them a little about me and the gospel, they'd either say no or give me their number and I'd move on to the next random person. Anyway, I don't know why but I hit a little wall here when I came to Carabanchel. I still usually get it but it's been more difficult. I've been really working on the quality of my contacts and it's really been paying off. We have been finding incredible people and the Lord has continued to bless us in-spite of my short comings. All I can be is grateful for his grace and his love.

One of these contacts name just happened to be Maria. We made a smoother approach by asking her for directions. She kindly looked it up on her phone for us and walked with us a little ways up the road. As we were walking and getting to know her a motorcyclist started the motor and reved the engine. We were pretty close, shocked Maria and she tripped over a loose brick in the road. It was actually a pretty bad fall and kind of scary. We helped her up and walked her to a bench to calm her down. Hermana Snyder started talking about her family and the conversation lead to our beliefs and the Book of Mormon. She told us how she was currently in a religious crisis and didn't really trust churches. We gifted her a Book of Mormon and invited her to learn more. I don't know where it will go but I know that everything happens for a reason. The Lord provided us a way to serve and to sincerely share our testimonies in a more natural setting. It was just the kind of experience I needed to motivate me to continue to talk with everyone.

We also met with Mari Luz this week. She is a woman of incredible faith. We had the opportunity to fast with her on Sunday that she will be able to go to church every Sunday and keep the Sabbath day holy, we are meeting with her again on Wednesday. She is doing really well and is excited to hear the prophet speak on Saturday.

Well, all in all this week has had a lot of ups an downs but it definitely ended on a high note. I'm so grateful to be a missionary here in Madrid Spain. I know it's where the Lord wants me to be and that he is preparing the people here to receive his Gospel. I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you have a fantastic conference weekend!

Besos!
Hermana Warner


Mari Luz and Hermana Snyder <3

No comments:

Post a Comment