Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 8, 2017

Nossa, nossa, asi você me mata

Hello Fam and friends!

So this song has been stuck in my head all week so that's why I put it as the subject line. Our cute friend Sandra sang it when we had a ward Karaoke activity on Tuesday. It was super fun and our friend Leisy came as well!
Sandra is doing super bien and will be baptized si o si on Saturday! She just had her baptismal interview and passed with flying colors. She is legit my favorite. She is so prepared and has so much faith. Today we went to Segovia with her (: she loves spending time with us. We also got to eat lunch with her and a member friend Katherine who is also from Brazil. I love that I get to learn so many beautiful cultures here in Spain! We are so looking forward to this next week with her (:

Well with the start of the new transfer we have a lot of goals to be more creative and productive. We've been visiting more members and making things for them and so far so good. Usually Saturdays are pretty rough. Everyone says they can meet but then they fail on us last minute. So we decided to make handouts for the moms in Relief Society because yesterday was Mother's Day here in Spain. They turned out really cute and the members loved them. It was rewarding to be able to serve them even if it was something so simple. 

On Thursday Hermana Snyder had a last transfer training meeting of sorts so we went to Pavones, where the temple is. I spent the day with Hermana Barlow and Hermana Tyler in Barrio 6. It was super fun to get to know other missionaries more. When the meeting was ending we waited for Hermana Snyder on the temple grounds and I decided to make calls. As we were doing so Hermana Packer (the MTC President's Wife) came down from the MTC so we got to talk to each other a little bit. She told me how tired Brooklyn was from the jet lag at lunch Brooklyn told her she was almost too tired to eat haha poor girl. I didn't want to overwhelm her with all the change she's going through and just planned on seeing her later. Other missionaries started coming out  and my two companions got distracted. I wanted to go back and finish making calls when other sister missionaries started exiting the MTC building to go to the temple. At first I was nervous because I thought Brooklyn might be there but when they told us they were going to France or Portugal I figured they probably went in groups to the temple. 
I thought in vain. I looked up toward the glass stairwell only to see a cute sister missionary wearing a familiar shirt I'd seen in pictures and a blonde bun on top of her head. Then I started freaking out. I ran to my companions and explained that we needed to go but they wouldn't budge they were talking to all the other missionaries. 

I couldn't believe she was so close. Legit, the definition of my Utah-American childhood was no lie 2 seconds away from me. Shocked and excited I turned around to be reunited with my best friend in the biggest bear hug. We probably looked hysterical but I don't care. I never wanted to let go, but knew she had a Temple session to go to. I felt bad because the only words I could say were, "How are you? Are you real? You're not real!" I'm going to make a sticky note of things I should say so I'm not so awkward when we see each other again. Haha, And mom I promise I'll get pictures. 

All in all it's been a good, long, crazy, interesting and fun first week of the transfer. I hope you all are having a great day and that this week is full of sunshine and fresh air!

Loves to all! And Happy Mother's Day to all the moms that read this.
Hermana Warner






No comments:

Post a Comment