Mission Address


Jacquelyn would love to hear from you.
Please write her at:

Calle Fuerteventura 4, 2, Office 8B
28703 San Sabastian de los Reyes
Madrid
Spain

Jacquelyn.warner@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Rainy good week

Well I don't have any time left to write but a ton has happened since last week...

First things first, Sandra's Baptism. It didn't happen. We met up on Wednesday and she told us that she was having doubts about her life and that she didn't feel ready to make all the changes necessary in her life to enter into a covenant with God. 

     Selfishly, I never felt so crushed. I was completely heartbroken. I love her so much and I know how much this Gospel truly will bless her. But we didn't give up. We fasted and met with her again on Thursday and she told us she would reconsider and tell us her decision on Friday, the night before the baptism. As we ended the lesson she told us of her decision to not be baptized. It was really hard to be strong but I kept on smiling. I wanted to make sure she knew how much I love her and of the joy of the gospel. We walked all the way to the Metro stop together and talked the whole time. The second she was out of view the tears wouldn't stop flowing. Hermana Snyder and I just walked in silence in the rain to the church until we decided it would probably be a good idea to inform all the members about the cancelation. 

     The next day was difficult but we stayed positive and creative, coming up with different ways to work with the members and find new investigators. We tried calling Sandra and sent her a text but didn't get a response.  We wanted to keep meeting with and help her learn more so that one day she will be able to take that step. I didn't know what to do. I'd never felt so heartbroken. All I could do was pray. I prayed a lot. We were worried a little about what would happen for church. One of the members told us that she had told her that she didn't plan on coming due to embarrassment. I tried calling her one last time as we started singing the opening hymn, she answered.

     As we saw her walk into the chapel to sit with us I thought of the words of Alma, "20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!" Everything will be okay. I feel at peace and full of love toward her and the work. This week has been really difficult, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. She stayed for each hour even though she was also a little sick.

      We met with her again on Tuesday and she wants to continue to work with us. I'm so grateful for her humility and faith. Although now wasn't her time I know she will be baptized one day.

     I hope you have a great week all!
Hermana Warner 


Intercambios with Hermana Moyle


Cochinhas with our Brazilian friend Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment